REFLECTOR: Franklin engine noise?

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Mar 20 16:15:54 CDT 2007


I do my mag check at 1100-1200 rpm which is one of the options given in
the manual.  I get around 250 rpm drop, but I just listen to see that it
sounds the same for both and the engine runs smoothly for both.

John

Hiroo Umeno wrote:

>
> Thanks to all that responded to my Franklin noise question.  It seems
> from the response I got that my engine is doing the "Normal Franklin
> thing".  Incidentally, I also did notice that the rpm drop on the
> mag-check was more than I am used to on a Lycoming (120rpm or so as
> opposed to 70 or so).  Since it stabilizes and continues to run, I
> figured it was fine but I am glad to hear that is normal. I will check
> on the idle mixture.
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070320/e7aeab40/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list