REFLECTOR: Gear doors

Alex alex157 at pwhome.com
Fri Mar 16 22:09:59 CDT 2007


 
I would guess that if you added  "Lopresti" style cuffs to the underside of
the wing in front of and behind the wheel, it would reduce that 5 kts
considerably- also removing the foreword facing lip on the well would help a
bit....

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Friday, March 16, 2007 4:12 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Speedbrake, descents, and shock cooling.


Tom,

You've flown with and with out main gear doors?   Lost 5 knots with out the
main doors?    I thought somebody posted a long time ago that the speed
penalty was less than that?

Man, I hate to lose 5 knots!!! :-)

Scott

Tom Martino wrote: 

I do not have gear doors (becasue I have found through testing that they
only accounted for 5 knots).  My brake has been extended my gear at around
140 mph.  No problems.  I have imbedded brake lines.  Please don;t take this
as a recommendation for anyone else ... just sharing information.

 

 



________________________________



From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of John Dibble

Sent: Fri 3/16/2007 11:16 AM

To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list

Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Speedbrake, descents, and shock cooling.











Scott Derrick wrote:



  

  I could never get good info on what would be needed to raise the

extension speed.

    



Duane once told me that the gear doors are the only thing that limit the

extension speed.



John



_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html





  


  _____  


_______________________________________________

To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector



Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery

user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose

Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail

Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-- 



-

    The antidote for misuse of freedom of speech is more freedom of speech.



    Molly Ivans 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070316/e8680315/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list