REFLECTOR: Speedbrake, descents, and shock cooling.

steve korney s_korney at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 16 21:50:47 CDT 2007


I didn't see any other changes... The reason I took them off was because one 
of the brackets started to crack away from the gear leg and I was worried 
that it might come off and go through the prop...  That would have spoiled 
my whole day... That's when I lost the three kts... And, that's all I 
noticed... That's the way it still flys now...

Best... Steve



----Original Message Follows----
From: "Jim Kanter" <jim at d-film.com>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Speedbrake, descents, and shock cooling.
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:15:06 -0400

Did you notice any change in engine temps, handling, cabin cooling or cabin
noise when you took the doors off? Am wondering if there's more of an impact
than just speed loss.

On 3/16/07, steve korney <s_korney at hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>I lost about 3 kts on my std. rg. 200 hp. when I took my gear doors off...
>That was at 170 kts...
>
>Best... Steve


_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_________________________________________________________________
5.5%* 30 year fixed mortgage rate. Good credit refinance. Up to 5 free 
quotes - *Terms 
https://www2.nextag.com/goto.jsp?product=100000035&url=%2fst.jsp&tm=y&search=mortgage_text_links_88_h2a5d&s=4056&p=5117&disc=y&vers=910



More information about the Reflector mailing list