REFLECTOR: Questions for those already flying

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 15 11:34:35 CDT 2007


Scott,

Can you give us more details on your heater manufacture part # or model # or a web site link to see what you have installed even though it isn't tested? I think everyone is interested in heating alternatives.

Andy Ellzey
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Derrick 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:08 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Questions for those already flying


  I have an RG, 

  I have a speed brake, use it most landings.

  I accidentally replied  about cabin heating to another posting on "oil cooler issues",  I'll repeat it again.

  I had a cold airplane in the winter.  Mainly due to two reasons. Inadequate sealing of the nose gear  mechanism and using the nose oil cooler as the cabin heater.  When its -20 outside, the nose oil cooler as a cabin heater is trying to raise the temperature at least 100 degrees, 120/140 would be better if the plane is cold to start with. It just can't do it. 

  I have a internal oil heated cabin heater now that will recirculate the cabin air which should be able to roast us alive.  Its not flown yet so can't say if y design works well or not. 
    .

  Scott


  Jack Prock wrote: 
    Hi,

    A couple questions for those already flying...

    If you didn't install a speedbrake, if you were to do it again would you install it? 

    If you did install a speedbrake, are you glad you did? Do you use it often?

    I have heard that with RG's it is hard to heat the cabin at altitude and/or winter. If you could do
    it again, would you still cut the NACA for the oil cooler? I have heard people using two coolers,
    one near the engine to be used during the summer,  and another in the nose that
    is used as a heater during the winter. Any thoughts? 

    Thanks,

    Jack Prock
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 

-
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

    George Bernard Shaw, Liberty 


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw   Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070315/434c8883/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list