REFLECTOR: oil cooler issues

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Mar 15 09:59:23 CDT 2007


Tom,

I have seen some oil coolers with inlet and outlet tanks that appear to be
one tank at one side of the cooler, and a "turnaround" tank at the other
side of the core.  Check to see whether there is an internal bulkhead in
that tank to force the oil to go through the cooling tubes to the
"turnaround" tank.  If not, that would explain the ineffectiveness of the
cooler!

Keith


-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Tom
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 3:55 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: REFLECTOR: oil cooler issues

Hi, I'm a new Velocity owner and had a few issues while flying it home. 
One was that there was an oil cooler leak, I've removed and will 
pressure test today to determine if it's indeed the cooler or just 
fittings. In looking at it I noticed that it utilizes inlet and outlet 
on same (side) tank. Won't a lot of the oil just pressure right through 
at 75psi and not fall through the cooling lines/fins?? Is this a normal 
set up or poetic license by builder? It does run too hot (225 in cruise) 
and does not have a 2nd cooler. The cooler is an SW10557A which I can't 
seem to locate either as far as replacement if I need one. What are most 
folks using?? thx much Tom/Fort Myers
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list