REFLECTOR: Questions for those already flying

Dave Philipsen velocity at davebiz.com
Thu Mar 15 09:15:49 CDT 2007


My STD-FG has the speedbrake and I do use it although I could probably 
get by without it.  The only reason is that I have a CS prop that 
provides plenty of drag when flattened out. My recommendation would be 
to install the speedbrake.


Jack Prock wrote:
> Hi,
>  
> A couple questions for those already flying...
>  
> If you didn't install a speedbrake, if you were to do it again would 
> you install it?
>  
> If you did install a speedbrake, are you glad you did? Do you use it 
> often?
>  
> I have heard that with RG's it is hard to heat the cabin at altitude 
> and/or winter. If you could do
> it again, would you still cut the NACA for the oil cooler? I have 
> heard people using two coolers,
> one near the engine to be used during the summer,  and another in the 
> nose that
> is used as a heater during the winter. Any thoughts?
>  
> Thanks,
>  
> Jack Prock
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

-- 
Dave Philipsen
Velocity STD-FG
N83DP




More information about the Reflector mailing list