REFLECTOR: On factory interaction with builders

Ron Brown romott at roadrunner.com
Wed Mar 14 06:40:00 CDT 2007


These are after all, homebuilt aircraft.  Velocity Aircraft Inc. provides us 
with a pile of parts - it is our responsibility to turn it into an airplane, 
to fly it, and to maintain them.  It is our airplane that the FAA certifies.

Since there are over 300 (or is it  over 400 now?) of us Velocity aircraft 
manufacturers - it would be impossible for VA, Inc to keep up with 
everything that we are want to incorporate or enhance.

I think we manufacturers should do a better job of informing the other 
manufacturers of any problems we are encountering.  The Reflector is an 
outstanding way to do this - we just need to do a better job.  Surely 
somebody else saw the note about the problem with the cylinders and could 
have told us about it.

Scott B. has been very patient with us manufacturers.  I know Duane has had 
many heart burns over the criticism the factory receives over just about 
anything - starting with Velocity Views or a disagreement because certain 
builder enhancements haven't been universally incorporated and backfitted to 
all previous kits.

Brian Michalk has even been burned at the stake numerous times for his very 
generous hosting of the Reflector.  Unfortunately, some of our fellow 
manufacturers have departed the Reflector over the harsh responses to some 
of their questions or suggestions.  Some of us just have never heard the 
word TACT!  The Reflector is NOT the creation or responsibility of VA, Inc.

Thank you Scott B for your EXTREME patience!

Ronnie Brown
A VERY satisfied customer of a pile of parts - which now a GREAT airplane - 
because I manufactured it, I fly it, and I maintain it.
EAA Technical Counselor & Flight Advisor 



More information about the Reflector mailing list