REFLECTOR: All worth it , was RE: BMA Autopilot - Part 2

Craig and Denise Woolston cdwoolston at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 14 00:14:45 CDT 2007


I'm seriously considering a few chickens just to be sure.  Although there
are times I would sacrifice the first born or the second, but I had one of
those "ah ha" moments this weekend.

 

Me and the 2nd born (6yrs old) went flying (testing the fuel leak fix) and
he asked to fly.  It was fun, to see him turning the plane and then lose
interest and not notice we we're flying in circles.  But he did just fine,
it was when he asked to make the takeoff that I had to laugh.  He can even
mimic the radio calls and has our N number memorized.  They might not be
permanent memories for him but I'll cherish forever.  Makes the sanding all
worth it.  Keep on building guys!

 

Craig

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 6:11 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2

 

Craig,

 

Shhhhhhhh.  Be vewy kwiet... I'm hunting fuel leaks.  huh huh huh  :)

 

I won't tell the fuel gods, or the demons of leaking.  But ... what finally
did the trick for you?   (fingers are crossed for you)

 

Andy

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:51 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2

Well after going round and round with BMA (but that's another story), we
finally have a working autopilot controller in our XL-FG.  I think I might
have changed too many things at once though.  We were running a G3 with
software version 2.62 and got good autopilot tracking with gains in the 50s.
We've upgraded to version 2.71 and now GPS navigation hunts once it captures
the course.  Anyone else out there using a G3?  What software version and
what are your gain settings?

 

Thanks,

 

Craig

XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA

"shhhh, don't tell the fuel tank gods we might have solve the leak."

 

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070313/05719d6b/attachment-0001.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list