REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2
Tom Martino
tmartino at troubleshooter.com
Tue Mar 13 09:20:00 CDT 2007
Craig,
I have a BMA system with auto pilot on my 173 Elite RG (300HP Lycoming).
I have yet to really start working with it. All the other stuff is
working but I am almost afraid to get started on the AP. Once, while on
the ground, I turned on the controller and engaged it ... and it
immediately disengaged itself. What steps do you recommend for starting
and operating my BMA AP.
Tom
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andy Millin
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 8:11 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2
Craig,
Shhhhhhhh. Be vewy kwiet... I'm hunting fuel leaks. huh huh huh :)
I won't tell the fuel gods, or the demons of leaking. But ... what
finally did the trick for you? (fingers are crossed for you)
Andy
________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2007 9:51 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: REFLECTOR: BMA Autopilot - Part 2
Well after going round and round with BMA (but that's another story), we
finally have a working autopilot controller in our XL-FG. I think I
might have changed too many things at once though. We were running a G3
with software version 2.62 and got good autopilot tracking with gains in
the 50s. We've upgraded to version 2.71 and now GPS navigation hunts
once it captures the course. Anyone else out there using a G3? What
software version and what are your gain settings?
Thanks,
Craig
XL-5FG Flying in Palmdale, CA
"shhhh, don't tell the fuel tank gods we might have solve the leak..."
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070313/397cdb26/attachment.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list