REFLECTOR: Gas Struts for Elite Doors - Where to buy
Keith Hallsten
KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Sun Mar 11 22:47:18 CDT 2007
Dennis,
Here's a fairly recent post on the subject:
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Velocity_AZ
Sent: Tuesday, December 26, 2006 10:42 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Door guides
I too took Kurt's advice and stiffened the top of the doors with additional
glass. I also use a gas spring that's only 40 lbs of pressure and they hold
the doors up fine. I believe that I'm getting full extension with these
springs (haven't noticed other Velocity's doors opening more than mine).
Here is the model number of the springs I use - just ordered new ones as
they only last about 3-4 years before they can't hold the door up when
taxiing.
Ordered from www. <http://www.spdhardware.com/> spdhardware.com/
SPD-GSNI-5300-40
$12.76 each
Regards,
Kevin
_____
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Dennis Martin
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2007 7:22 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Gas Struts for Elite Doors - Where to buy
I have an Elite, Long Wing FG. Two questions:
1) Anybody know where can I buy gas struts for doors? Auto Zone? Pep Boys?
I recall a several posts many moons ago about the best struts.
2) Do you know a brand name or part number? I know, I'm asking a lot.
Whatever specifics you may have.
Thanks in advance,
Dennis Martin
Almost taxi testing
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070311/150369e7/attachment.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list