REFLECTOR: Battery contactor hot potato
Alex
alex157 at pwhome.com
Sun Mar 11 18:18:38 CDT 2007
Dear fellow Velocitarians,
I have been getting to the wiring, and to do testing ect, I had one of my
battery contactors energized so I could get power to my bus- was not using
any power for the most part- just needed to see if my strobes, and other
things functioned for a few seconds, but after about 30 minutes of being on
with no load, I went to disconnect, and the solenoid was quite hot- too hot
to hold for more than about 5 seconds- BTW- I am not accidentally using a
momentary solenoid- it is a continuous type- but the coil must be using a
good amount of power to get that hot I am thinking- is this a normal
condition or is there something wrong with my unit?
Alex
More information about the Reflector
mailing list