REFLECTOR: TT autopilot installation in XLFG

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Wed Mar 7 22:46:46 CST 2007


Has anyone finished a satisfactory installation of a TruTrak 2-axis
autopilot in an XL FG?  

 

I'm putting an ADI Pilot 2 in my project plane and SteinAir is building the
panel and providing the autopilot.  They are asking me where the servos will
install, and exactly how long the wiring runs from the control head to each
servo need to be.  I don't have any of the hardware in hand, so it's a bit
difficult for me to determine what will fit where.  I assume that the pitch
servo will mount on top of the canard, and I'm thinking the roll servo will
mount on the pilot's side of the fuselage, next to the sump tank and just
aft of the "fishtail" of the keel; that way a pushrod can reach the
bellcrank on the end of the control stick torque tube.

 

Any advice or photos would be appreciated!

 

Regards,

 

Keith Hallsten

Roseville, CA

   

 

  _____  

From: Mike Gleason [mailto:mikeg at steinair.com] 
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 1:20 PM
To: KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Subject: panel

 

Keith:

I need to know what lengths you need for the roll and pitch servo leads(auto
pilot). The best way I know how to do this is to use a piece of rope. Start
approximately where the auto pilot is located at the panel and run the rope
where you plan to route the wire, mark and measure.

Also another customer was wondering where you were planning to mount the
pitch servo?

Thanks
Mike

mikeg at steinair.com

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070307/ff80eecf/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list