REFLECTOR: Tips
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sat Jun 23 21:49:27 CDT 2007
Hi Lou-
Although you do not flare per se, you need to start with some back pressure on the stick just before the mains touch down- as soon as they are down the nose wants to drop, so if you are aready generating some added lift with the canard you can limit the hard nose wheel touchdown.
-----Original Message-----
From: "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at adelphia.net>
To: "Reflector Velocity" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: 6/23/2007 12:11 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Tips
I need some advice from you Vel flying experts. I have about 12 hrs in my Vel and have yet to master a gentle landing with the nose. I come down final at about 80 kts over the fence and let it settle down to the runway at about 75kts. I do not do a flare. my mains touch down great but then my nose slams down. What am I doing wrong?
Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
More information about the Reflector
mailing list