REFLECTOR: Velocity Insurance - Good News

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 21 16:32:43 CDT 2007


Scott,

I'm confused - Falcon is just an insurance agency and
shouldn't set minimum requirements. They just shop the
various underwriters for quotes. Underwriters, on the
other hand, certainly have their own requirements.

Falcon is my agent, but my underwriter is AIG.

In the case you brought up, Falcon would have gone to
AIG as there are only 3-4 underwriters that cover the
Velocity market.

Also, I called AIG directly a few weeks ago for some
information. They were helpful but indicated that they
don't write policies directly to individuals - you
need to go through and agent "like Falcon."

What am I missing? 

Thanks, Pat


--- Scott Baker <sbakr at comcast.net> wrote:

> That's fantastic news!
> Offsetting the good news is a report from a Velocity
> builder (Commercial, Instrument, CFI-I ... but with
> only 25-hrs of RG time) who was turned down flat
> from Falcon.  No insurance at any price.  Falcon
> insisted on 100-hours of RG time before they would
> consider offering insurance.
> AIG Aviation stepped up and was quick to offer
> insurance at reasonable premiums.  The builder has a
> 310hp Velocity XL-RG.
> SB



      ____________________________________________________________________________________
Shape Yahoo! in your own image.  Join our Network Research Panel today!   http://surveylink.yahoo.com/gmrs/yahoo_panel_invite.asp?a=7 




More information about the Reflector mailing list