REFLECTOR: Pitch trim

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Wed Jun 20 07:50:33 CDT 2007


Chris,
 
Mine too.  In the air, it only takes a quick bump or two on the China man's hat to trim the elevator, but on the ground, the trim runs 2-3 seconds before the elevator starts to move.  I always figured it was the elevator spring was loaded up in flight and ready to move whereas on the ground the spring is not under load, hence it absorbs some trim motor movement before it decides to get with the program and move the elevator.
 
Chuck Jensen 
 
 -----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Karl J. Warner
Sent: Wednesday, June 20, 2007 8:28 AM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim


Chris, 
This is "normal" on my Velocity.  Under load while flying I get immediate response but on the ground with no load it takes a couple of seconds before you see the elevator move.
Karl
202VA
350+Hrs

On Jun 19, 2007, at 10:23 PM, reflector-request at tvbf.org wrote:



	From: "Christopher Barber" <CBarber at TexasAttorney.net>
	Date: June 19, 2007 10:23:55 PM EDT
	To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
	Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim
	Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>


	Sorry guys.  I was not clear.  The actuator starts immeadiatley.  It is the elevator that does not respond for about 5 seconds following the movement of the actuator motor.
	 
	All the best,
	 
	Chris
	 
	 

		----- Original Message ----- 
		From: Alex Balic <mailto:velocity_pilot at verizon.net>  
		To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  
		Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:48 AM
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim


		Chris- can you hear or see the actual trim unit moving? Does that move immediately when you press the button and the control surface lags, or does the motor just not activate for 3 seconds after you press the button- maybe you have accidentally gotten your hands on a delay-make relay? Just a thought- the motor should start immediately-

		

		Alex

		

		
________________________________


		From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Scott Derrick
		Sent: Tuesday, June 19, 2007 9:36 AM
		To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
		Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim

		

		thats not right...
		
		what kind of relay are you using?
		
		Scott
		
		Christopher Barber wrote: 

		3 seconds, maybe more.  I will try to remember to time it on the morrow (or even tomorrow <g>).  I hope to spend the day at the hangar.  Thanks.

		

		All the best,

		

		Chris

			----- Original Message ----- 

			From: Darrell & Nora Kufalk <mailto:kufalk at wi.rr.com>  

			To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  

			Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 10:31 PM

			Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim

			

			Chris,

			

			Define "considerable".  ½ second?  3 seconds?  My elevator moves up or down the instant (less than a ½ second) I press the button.

			

			Darrell

			

			

			

			

			-----Original Message-----
			From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Christopher Barber
			Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 10:00 PM
			To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
			Subject: REFLECTOR: Pitch trim

			

			I wired up the pitch trim tonight and noticed there is considerable lag between when I activate the swith/motor and the trim spring/elevator actually start moving.  Is this normal?  Is there a way to adjust this.  What, praytell, am I missing this time.  Thanks.

			

			All the best,

			

			Chris

			
________________________________


			_______________________________________________
			To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
			
			Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
			user:pw 			Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
			Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

		 
		
________________________________



		 
		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
		 
		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw 		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

		
		
		

		-- 
		 
		-
		    "Just because I sound like an idiot doesn't mean I agree with the president."....from an ad on Air America Radio

________________________________


		_______________________________________________
		To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
		
		Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
		user:pw 		Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
		Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

	_______________________________________________
	Visit the gallery!  tvbf:jamaicangoose


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070620/66484161/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list