REFLECTOR: Toe Brakes, Back Bleeding

Al Gietzen ALVentures at cox.net
Sun Jun 10 18:24:58 CDT 2007


 

I am talking about back bleeding - injecting pressurized fluid at the
bleeder port which is the low point - and pushing fluid and air bubbles up
to the master.  There are two chambers in the caliper which are connected
together by a drilled port.  If the caliper is turned 45 degrees like when
installed on the gear leg - it is possible for air to get trapped in the
upper part of the bottom piston/cylinder which will cause a soft pedal.

 

I got around that problem on the RG by putting the plane on the jacks, and
retracting the gear about 2/3rds the way up.  Then put fluid in from the
bottom until the reservoirs were ¾ full.  I have solid pedals, but the
holding power of the brakes is marginal for my plane. 

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070610/b16083f3/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list