REFLECTOR: Painting
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 9 07:25:05 CDT 2007
Another method is stencils. Race cars use them. This has to be done
ideally when you are first painting the whole airplane.
Steps are this: We painted a general area where the decoration would go in
the color that it is to be. Blue in my case. Then a stencil goes down like
a mask. Then the area is painted in it's final color coat. Then the
stencil is peeled off and thrown away. Then all is clear coated. I would
guess there are methods for already painted airplanes. I didn't ask.
It worked great. I have contact info for a stencil guy. He had to modify
the Picaso by hand. Rocinante was Don Quixote's horse. Once it was done, I
have several extra stencils basically for the cost of the paper.
Side Note: I am not solicting. Also you'd have to work the details, but
for the time being anyway there is a possibility of using a combination of
energies to have an airplane painted here in Greenville at a local shop run
by these same NASCAR guys. I am not encouraging or discouraging, but I can
assist with contact info. Painting an airplane is an enormous task anyway
you cut it.
Terry
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of steve korney
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 9:18 PM
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Painting
I meant ' VINYL' decals...
Best... Steve
----Original Message Follows----
From: "steve korney" <s_korney at hotmail.com>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Painting
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 01:01:58 +0000
If you want to get vinal decals for you plane that look great, e-mail
scottts at flash.net or call (818) 625-9601 His name is Brian and does
great work...
Best... Steve
----Original Message Follows----
From: "Robin Ream" <robinream at earthlink.net>
Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Painting
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 10:49:47 -0700
Who sells those things, and how expensive are they?
Robin
===============================
----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom" <tomcat05 at comcast.net>
To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 8:39 AM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Painting
> If done tastefully they have some real advantages. Easier to do that
> retaping and striping with paint. Can look more professional for amateur
> painters. They can be easily replaced or even changed if you don't like
> or they start to weather. I had built an EZ and painted it white and
> applied two large lightning bolt decals down on both sides of fuselage,
> easy to do and it looked great. It was in sport aviation and I got a lot
> folks asking about it.
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_________________________________________________________________
Need a break? Find your escape route with Live Search Maps.
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?ss=Restaurants~Hotels~Amusement%20Park&cp=
33.832922~-117.915659&style=r&lvl=13&tilt=-90&dir=0&alt=-1000&scene=1118863&
encType=1&FORM=MGAC01
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_________________________________________________________________
Dont miss your chance to WIN $10,000 and other great prizes from Microsoft
Office Live http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/aub0540003042mrt/direct/01/
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: paint08.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 40331 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070609/ed2a0592/attachment-0002.jpg
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: paint02.jpg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 58127 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070609/ed2a0592/attachment-0003.jpg
More information about the Reflector
mailing list