REFLECTOR: Painting

Brainard, Jerry Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com
Fri Jun 8 15:58:27 CDT 2007


I don't know if you have seen the super graphics being done on cars
where they are putting basically anything you could print.  Also doing a
lot of race cars with this solution.  They call it wrapping a car.  They
take a plain colored car and everything else is "wrapped" in printed
vinyl.  Cost is about $1200.  I don't know about long term durability,
but I know some cars that are around here have had the wrap for at least
two years.  If it is durable enough, it would certainly be a great trim
solution.  Paint the plane white then "wrap" it up in some extraordinary
graphics.
 
- jerry
 

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Douglas Holub
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 4:00 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Painting


I first saw those vinyl stripes on a factory demonstrator. Looked great.

	----- Original Message ----- 
	From: bdtopp at comcast.net 
	To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
<mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  ; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders
list <mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>  
	Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 8:17 AM
	Subject: REFLECTOR: Painting

	I was wondering what the collective thought of this group was on
the use of decals instead of a painted design on the airplane.  I was
talking to a RV builder the other day and he suggested them as a cheaper
alternative to painting on a design over the white paint.  Easy to
repair also.  He also mentioned that it was very popular in the RV
community.  I can't get over the feeling the it just doesn't seem right
to use decals.  Sounds kind of cheesy to me.  The Velocity is as
gourgous as a beautifully restored hot rod.  You certainly won't put
decals on a hot rod.  Thoughts from the group??  
	 
	Bruce Topp
	XL-FG
	 

	
________________________________


	

	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, 
is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential
and privileged information or otherwise protected by law.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.  If you are not the
intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy
all copies of the original message.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070608/594ae391/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list