REFLECTOR: Painting

Andy Millin amillin at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 8 13:28:42 CDT 2007


Bruce,

 

I have seen a couple of planes that had the "decals" on them.  I couldn't
tell it was a decal on the first plane.  The owner had to point it out.  The
next, I knew what I was looking for, and I had to look carefully to find it.
It looked pretty good to me.  Since it is applied the same way the little
Revel model decals are applied (soak in water and slide on), I can only
imagine it would work even better on the smooth surface of a composite
aircraft

 

I would look into it.  I would also easily pay the extra money to have a
professional apply them.  Stuff like this can look really cheap if it isn't
done just right.

 

FWIW,

 

Andy

 

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of bdtopp at comcast.net
Sent: Friday, June 08, 2007 9:18 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list; Velocity Aircraft Owners and
Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Painting

 

I was wondering what the collective thought of this group was on the use of
decals instead of a painted design on the airplane.  I was talking to a RV
builder the other day and he suggested them as a cheaper alternative to
painting on a design over the white paint.  Easy to repair also.  He also
mentioned that it was very popular in the RV community.  I can't get over
the feeling the it just doesn't seem right to use decals.  Sounds kind of
cheesy to me.  The Velocity is as gourgous as a beautifully restored hot
rod.  You certainly won't put decals on a hot rod.  Thoughts from the
group??  

 

Bruce Topp

XL-FG

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070608/01f49f42/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list