REFLECTOR: New to group

Karl J. Warner karljwarnerpa at earthlink.net
Wed Jun 6 18:14:58 CDT 2007


Lou,

Congrats on your Velocity.  I think I gave you and your wife a ride  
this winter in 2VA!

For a normal TO with my short wing SE/FG I start flying the canard  
around 70 kts and the mains come off around 80kts.  To do this  
smoothly I use anywhere from 1 inch of trim when I'm alone and full  
nose up trim if I'm at gross.  Same on landing - I use a bunch of  
trim (I trim for 80-90 kts depending on weight and turbulence) and  
get the mains on 10 kts before the canard stalls.

Have fun with your "new" bird,
Karl
N202VA
325+ hrs
> From: "Lou Stedman" <stedmanlou at adelphia.net>
> Date: June 6, 2007 4:22:17 PM EDT
> To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
> Subject: REFLECTOR: New to group
> Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list  
> <reflector at tvbf.org>
>
>
> Hi guys.
>
> I am new to this group. I recently purchased "Pinky" a Velocity STD  
> fixed gear. I previously flew a LongEZ so I am familiar with the  
> handling of a canard. There are a couple of things that are very  
> different between the two aircraft. Most of the difference comes  
> from the canard. When I took off my LongEZ, I would accelerate to  
> about 60 kts then hold a little back pressure. The canard would  
> lift up , I would hold it there and shortly there after the main  
> wing would fly. With my Velocity, I can hold all the gentle back  
> pressure I want and nothing happens until I give a good pull and  
> then she leaps into the air. Likewise on landing, I cant seem to  
> hold the nose off after the mains touch down. The nose wants to  
> drop right now. I also notice a considerable more trim force than  
> with my Long. I am not sure if my trim spring is too strong or this  
> is normal. If anyone is interested, I have posted a picture of the  
> trim spring on my website. I would appreciate any comments you  
> could make. My site is www.lstedman.photosite.com
>
> Thanks
>
> Lou Stedman
> Velocity N7044Q
> Olean, NY
>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070606/9231392c/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list