REFLECTOR: Tight door latches

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Mon Jun 4 11:56:31 CDT 2007


I concur with that method- if you heat the epoxy with the iron it will
probably loose a lot of strength when it re-cools- best to re-pot them- the
soldering iron trick does work great to remove the potted items though- 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Jorge Bujanda
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 9:14 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tight door latches

 

Some time ago Scott Swing recommended that one I find out which pins are the
worse by removing one at a time and closing the door.  Then use a soldering
iron in the pin tube in the door to heat it up and pull it out.  Ream the
hole a little bigger and re install it to cure in place with the door shut.


 

Regards,

Jorge Bujanda
Velocity XL FG 

Palmdale, CA
Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/

 

"Make your best case... not the best case."
"Spare the noise... convince through silence."

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Craig and Denise Woolston
Sent: Monday, June 04, 2007 5:36 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tight door latches

 

I have tried with moderate success using the tip of a pencil soldering iron,
into the receiving tube, then quickly latching the door.  You do one at a
time and work our way around.

 

Craig

 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Thursday, May 31, 2007 8:13 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Tight door latches

 

 

Since I hung the engine, I have always kept the doors closed and latched as
much as possible.  It's not painted yet so I don't want to leave it in the
sun for too long.

 

Has anyone tried a heat gun on the sockets while the door is latched in an
attempt to move the little steel tubes into a better position?

 

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to do anything.  It will change with time. 

 

Al

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: winmail.dat
Type: application/ms-tnef
Size: 8482 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070604/449bbb40/attachment-0001.bin 


More information about the Reflector mailing list