REFLECTOR: Velocity in Albuquerque?

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Jul 30 20:01:04 CDT 2007


Somebody stopped by GNT a couple of weeks ago whilst I was out playing 
bus driver in a T210. 

The airport manager(Wes) let them into the hanger so they could look at 
my bird.  They said they were based at AEG(Double Eagle).  Wes said they 
oood and ahhhd over a TSIO520 stuffed into the rear of a STG RG.

Are you on the reflector?  If so you gotta stop by GNT again when I'm 
there! :-)

Put fuel in the plane yesterday,  not so  as I could start it, but to 
test the Vision fuel probes and make sure the new fuel system doesn't leak.

The probes output 14.5 Khz when empty, put 4 gals in the sump and I put 
13 gals in each side and the freq went down to 10 Khz.  Not sure what 
full will be but I found a single chip F2V converter that will handle 
100 to 0Khz.  Now to build it.

Seems I didn't tighten all the fuels lines on the engine tight enough.  
Had a dribble coming from one fitting that is completely buried under 
the alternator and fuel pump.  Attempting to remove the alternator I 
realized that with the bolt in the standard orientation,  threads 
pointing rearwards, the firewall was too close to remove the bolt!  
Jeeezz..  Which makes R&Ring the alternator impossible. I also 
discovered when peering around for teh source of the leak that I have 
not safety wired all the bolts on the oil pump which is also almost 
impossible to get to.  Short of it is, I'm going to have to remove the 
engine from the firewall one more time to swap the alternator bolt!   Oh 
well I need to mount the gear up warning micro switch and with the 
engine pulled away form the firewall a foot or so, it will make that job 
a breeze.

Scott

-- 

-
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add "within the limits of the law," because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual.

    Thomas Jefferson 



More information about the Reflector mailing list