REFLECTOR: fired up

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Jul 29 11:19:12 CDT 2007


Yea- I was a bit depressed that I didn't make it to OSH this year- but this
makes up for it- I was getting down with all of the extremely tedious and
time consuming wiring- ie- all day just to label a bundle of wires with my
brother P-touch? - not exactly like putting a wing together in a few
evenings like back in the old days.. at least it really feels like I have a
non-flying aircraft project now and not just a big expensive heap of foam
and fiberglass!

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Al Gietzen
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 1:21 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: fired up

 

Way to go; Alex!!!

 

Taking on a custom engine installation is a major challenge; and getting it
to the running stage is a major milestone, and reason to get "fired up". 

 

Al

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Alex Balic
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 6:25 PM
To: reflector at awpi.com
Subject: REFLECTOR: fired up

 

After countless hours of disassembly, checking,  reassembly, fabricating
more  unique parts than I want to remember, and 2 round trips to Canada and
one trip to England ( for the ECU)  to be properly configured, my venerable
turbocharged  Subaru 3.3 liter flat 6 came to life today on the back of my
XLRG

Ran it just long enough to wind up the turbo and discover some small oil
leaks which will be fixed without trouble, but sure sounded nice- started on
about the 3rd prop rotation the first time and immediately on the next 6
starts-  now if I can just get that wiring done might just make it to SNF
next year........ of course I pretty much say that every year..  :-)

 

Alex

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070729/c43a03f4/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list