REFLECTOR: Floaters
Jim Agnew
jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 28 14:51:02 CDT 2007
With only two bulkheads what is going to provide the fore-aft & crushing strength to prevent the strakes from collapsing??? Remember, they carry the spar load and the weight of anything on top of the strake.
James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying
----- Original Message ----
From: Douglas Holub <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 10:01:17 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Floaters
Thanks for the info. I found the red balls at www.fletchair.com. The new part number is 401129-5. It's in section 28 of their online catalog. Below it in the catalog is a seal with a hole in it (called "U-cup seal for AA1 fuel gauge") which might work well to keep the ball in the tube.
I hope to install my sight gauges next week. Attached is a picture of my fuel tank. I wanted to keep it simple so that it would be easy to seal. So I have only two fuel bulkheads, and I used 1" foam instead of 3/8" foam so that there would be plenty of room for lots of goop on the top edge.
Doug Holub
----- Original Message -----
From: David Staten
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Sent: Saturday, July 28, 2007 12:47 AM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Floaters
Fletcher's and Fletchair were bought by Wilson a year or two again. The number should work, but googling for fletcher's may be a dead end.
I'd met mister Fletcher several times in the past, and admired him for keepin the business up even into his 80's.
Dave
PUSHERPILOT at wmconnect.com wrote:
Chuck,
I found the info on where I bought the red fuel balls:
Fletchair, Inc
9000 Randolph St
Houston, TX 77061
713 641- 2023
Part No 5407 4001 4097 0757
AA1 Fuel Float Ball
I think that these are for a Grumman A/C
This info is seven years old, but you can give it a try. I installed wires to keep the ball from going out the top or bottom.
Good Luck,
Mel Bina
_______________________________________________ To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070728/3cf3bd5f/attachment-0001.htm
More information about the Reflector
mailing list