REFLECTOR: Shuttle Night Launch Aug 7

Scott Baker sbakr at comcast.net
Sun Jul 22 17:24:37 CDT 2007


Hello Brent,
There are several airports near the space center, including Sebastian (X26) 
which is 45-miles away.
I would suggest Melbourne Intl (KMLB) as a destination with hotels nearby 
and car rental on the field.
There should be no problems arriving before TFR's go into effect.  Check 
NOTAMs for TFR times.
Space Coast Regional (Titusville) and Meritt Island are two more airport 
choices near the space center.
When's the launch?
Scott B.

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "brent bourgeois" <bjb3013 at yahoo.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Sunday, July 22, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Shuttle Night Launch Aug 7


>
>
> I need some input on flying to see a shuttle launch.
> Where should I fly into and who treats experimental
> best?
> Fly near and rent a car and go where?
> How bad are the TFRs?
> How early should I arrive?
>
> Its a night launch so I will have to spend the night
> and fly home the next day. Any help would be
> appreciated.
>
> Thanks for the input.
>
> Brent
> New Orleans
> Velocity Std RG
> N61VB
>
>
>
>
> ____________________________________________________________________________________
> Be a better Globetrotter. Get better travel answers from someone who 
> knows. Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
> http://answers.yahoo.com/dir/?link=list&sid=396545469
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html 



More information about the Reflector mailing list