REFLECTOR: Gear Pump and Gear Ctrl Circuit Breaker
jewen at comporium.net
jewen at comporium.net
Fri Jul 20 12:25:02 CDT 2007
If both the control circuit and pump motor are on the same circuit and you
have a motor failure that trips the breaker (short circuit in motor
windings to ground for example) you will not have the indicator/warning
system that tells you the gear is in the down and locked position. In my
installation, I have a seperate gear control circuit and gear motor
circuit. In my mind the benefits are the indicator / warning system will
still function if the motor fails and the motor's breaker trips. I would
not gang the breakers (mechanically tie the two breakers, like a 2 pole
household cb.) Ganging the breakers would defeat the benefit of making
the control seperate from motor power, hence no down and locked
indication. I would like confirmation that an emergency gear extension
fully lowered the gear.
Joe
On Fri, July 20, 2007 11:15 am, Terry Miles wrote:
> Hi,
>
>
> I am in a review of my electrical system and see that I have ganged
> together my gear control swt and the hydro pump under a single 30 amp CB.
> The book
> says to breakout the control sw under a 2nd five-amp CB, but then to tie
> the CB's together (if I am reading that right).
>
>
>
> If a single 30a breaker hold both of them, what is consequence over 2
> CB's
> which are spliced together?
>
>
>
> Terry
>
>
>
>
> _____
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>
> Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list