REFLECTOR: brakes

Jack Sheehan jsheehan at ncam-sats.org
Thu Jul 19 14:41:31 CDT 2007


Lou,
If you are interested in switching to Matco I have a set I woulld like to sell.
I am using the Matco Compound multi disc brake. The Matco 's I have 
in a box are brand new.
Jack
N55XL
At 09:17 AM 7/19/2007, you wrote:
>Lou,
>
>I have 450 hours of operation on my STD RG with Matco brakes and 
>never had a problem.   I just upgraded the original Matco's.  I 
>forget the name Matco uses, XC or XL or something, but increases the 
>stopping power of the brakes by +10% and the upgrade is about $300. 
>If you switch to Matco's I think the factory has the best price, be 
>sure to get the new upgraded version.
>
>Scott
>
>
>Lou Stedman wrote:
>>Recently I have had problems with my Cleveland brakes binding up. I 
>>have a Velocity STD FG.  My past experience with Cleveland brake 
>>systems has not been favorable. I had them on my LongEZ and they 
>>were trouble from the beginning. I finally switched to Grove brake 
>>systems and found them to be far superior. What about the Velocity 
>>community? Are the Grove systems favored over the Cleveland? My 
>>calipers are old and I can't make out the number to order new pads. 
>>The only number I find is 30-75X  8-87  194. I can't find this 
>>number in ACS catalogue. Does anyone have the part number for pads 
>>for a 600-6 wheel?
>>
>>Lou Stedman
>>Velocity N7044Q
>>Olean, NY
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  <http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>www.tvbf.org/gallery
>>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>>Check new archives: <http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>>Check old archives: 
>><http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
>
>--
>
>-
>     As nightfall does not come at once, neither does oppression. In 
> both instances, there is a twilight when everything remains 
> seemingly unchanged. And it is in such twilight that we all must be 
> most aware of change in the air however slight lest we become 
> unwitting victims of the darkness.
>
>     William O. Douglas, Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070719/a83974a1/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list