REFLECTOR: box spar dimensions

Douglas Holub doug.holub at tx.rr.com
Thu Jul 19 09:18:29 CDT 2007


Nevermind. I think I figured it out. Since the reason for the 2" is to set the angle of attack, it would only make sense to measure from the low point at the front of the spar.

Doug
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Douglas Holub 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2007 9:04 AM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: box spar dimensions


  Maybe somebody out there knows something about the old box spar. (Probably not. I think they only made 6 or 7 airplanes with the box spar.) My spar is 9" tall in the front where it intersects the fuselage, and 8.5" in the back where it intersects the fuselage. The top of the spar is level. My plans say to attach the leading edge of the strakes 2" higher than the bottom of the spar cap where it intersects the fuselage. Should I measure 2" up from the front or the back of the bottom spar cap?

  Doug Holub


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070719/77b576eb/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list