REFLECTOR: Resolved!: Oil temp issue (and heat in the nose)

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Tue Jul 10 13:35:28 CDT 2007



Hiroo Umeno wrote:

>   I am also thinking that along with the issue I had with the front
> oil cooler, if the “out” is more of the problem than the “in”.
>
> I think that is exactly correct and so baffles probably aren't going
> to help much.  I spaced my plenum away from the #5 and 6 cylinders and
> that brought those CHTs down in line with the rest.
>
>  I am contemplating opening some holes on the bottom of the cowl but
> that seems rather drastic and permanent.  Unless I can get some
> definitive data that it would help, I didn’t want to go there.
>
> I made one in mine.  I think it helped some.  Certainly doesn't hurt.
>
> John
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070710/d16df4f3/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list