REFLECTOR: Degreaser recommendation

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 9 12:41:49 CDT 2007


In about 20 some hours of flying, the bottom half of N21HV is pretty saturated with mineral oil.  I had a very slow leak at the nose cooler that went undetected for a while that puddle the oil on the nose that soaked into the fuselage bottom foam.  It is to the point where the co-pilot side floor is slimy.  The rear-end is also quite oily from the Franklin spitting and dripping oil everywhere.

So, I am in search of a good de-greaser but I am a bit confused by all the choices.  Here is what I am looking for...

Pri-1

*         Deep penetrating (into the foam and fiberglass structure)

*         Non-corrosive (safe for metal structure)
Pri-2 (nice to have)

*         Non-toxic  / easy handling

In general, how do they work?  I do know for surface degreaser, you apply them and wash them off but for the soaked-in foam, how does that work?

Hiroo
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070709/dc9d20e1/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list