REFLECTOR: Over Head Switch Panel Face Plate Issues
Terry Miles
terrence_miles at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 7 20:28:23 CDT 2007
Dear Y'all
It is true without doubt that I get more from this forum than I give. (I
just ordered a set of those Old Will Scales for my W&B. Thank you for
that.)
Here is an offering.
I am near the finish point of my build, and all the nit-noid items need my
attention. I have and XL with an overhead switch panel. The number, the
groupings and the function of those switches have undergone countless
changes right up until the end. Good luck with yours.
I settled on regular old unlighted siver batt-shaped switches. I will flood
light this area as needed for night ops. I have 3 groupings 4-3-4 for a
total of 11. Be aware that dpdt switches are often taller and wider than
spst switches. Also your starter switch if you put one up there will be
bigger sized too. Mine came from Stein Air.
The o'head switch face plate is finished. I painted it this week and went
to put the nut plates on today and had trouble with it. My first switch
drill hole is inset on center about .75 inch. If I could do it over, I
would inset the switches to 7/8 inch or better. This to provide for nut
plates.
Also when you cut out the recessed area in the cabin be thinking "nut plate"
again as you set a gap between switch groups. I would have left a 1/2 inch
drop down in my gap area between the switches groups for mid-run nut plates.
Any questions, fire away, or you can email me off line.
Terry
More information about the Reflector
mailing list