REFLECTOR: Velocity Aircraft Listings on Airport-Data.Com

davedent at comcast.net davedent at comcast.net
Wed Jul 4 11:59:46 CDT 2007


I have not sold the plane yet.  Just got the fifth gear on it and have not 
flown it yet.  The last gear failed after a good 50 landings on it.  The 
carbon raps failed.  Scott S graciously sent me another.  Now after a good 
60hrs of work I got it swinging again.

Just put the new rudder pedals in it with the toe bakes.  Don't want someone 
out of a Cessna trying to learn how to use the rudder brake type setup. 
Also taking the nose gear door actuator out and installing the cable set up 
like the mod done on the long EZ's.

Vesta just sent out a AD note on their blades.  There is a recall on them. 
Seems that the 7075 series aluminum plates that are attached to the blades 
had failed on one of the two blade props.  So they are changing them out to 
steel.  Not like some companies I know of that don't send out notices of 
failures and do something about them, Vesta has with no hesitation, even 
with one failure.  The prop was on a 2+2 float plane and it did a dead stick 
into water.  They got out OK but the plane went to the bottom.  They got it 
out the next day and found the blade had failed where the bearing retainer 
cap screws into the blade plate.  They said there wasn't enough ground run 
with the new prop before flying it.  Just for thought those putting on any 
new prop.  It should have some major ground runs before flight. My new 
blades he wants to show at OSH so I won't get them back till after the show. 
I will be putting my MT back on before that I'm sure.

When the XL left Australia the records were destroyed. This is required by 
that country.  I had to be the builder of the plane when it came to the 
states.  Had to start all over again.  In fact with all the repairs I've had 
to do on the plane over the last few years I  pretty much rebuilt the whole 
thing.  From the rebuilding of the left wing and the complete rebuilding of 
the gear system and the engine rebuild and a number of other items it feels 
like I have built it.  Just not 50% of it.

Rebuilding another one now. It's a std with a IO-360. It sat for eight years 
on a ramp in the SFO bay area.  Today you wouldn't believe it.  Will take 
some before and after pictures when it's done.   Hope to test fly it in the 
next two weeks.  It even had moss growing on it when we found it. 
Fortunately it had a cover on it.  But most of that had been wind damaged, 
but it did protect the fuselage and interior.  A good find but a lot of 
work.
Dave



----- Original Message ----- 
From: "gpoole" <gpoole at zeta.org.au>
To: "'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2007 6:40 PM
Subject: REFLECTOR: Velocity Aircraft Listings on Airport-Data.Com


> Just had a look at the listings of all the Velocity aircraft which have or
> have had registrations around the world - even the one flying down here on
> our west coast is listed!  See: -
> http://www.airport-data.com/search/search2.html?field=model&code=velocity&se
> arch=Search
>
> There is quite a bit of history in this list - partic when you look at the
> deregistered listings (end column)....several deceased names (Jorgensen 
> and
> Ewart) appear and I guess quite a number of aircraft would have been sold 
> on
> and likely re-registered under different #.
>
> Dave Dent's XL which I had a hand in building down here (Oz) is said to 
> have
> now been de-registered - do you have it sold now Dave? Did you get the new
> blades installed and tested yet?
>
> Interesting to see that Danny Maher still owns a Velocity as does Mark
> Monchado and Alan Shaw.
>
> Only a few of the listings have photos....may I humbly suggest it would be
> real nice to see all the listings accompanied by photographs? Anybody can
> upload a picture so if you have a photo.....even if under construction (I
> note builders...such as Chris Barber, have registration #'s but no
> registration date yet...denoted by 0000) - please upload some shots guys!
>
> Greg in Sydney
>
> gregpoole at saaachapter11.com
>
>
>
> No virus found in this outgoing message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.9.14/885 - Release Date: 3/07/2007
> 10:02 AM
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



More information about the Reflector mailing list