REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure == 0!?

Hiroo Umeno humeno at microsoft.com
Mon Jul 2 11:46:11 CDT 2007


Mine is on the firewall.  There is a flex-hose going from the fuel pressure take-off on the Carb to the sensor on the firewall.  I will check on the grounding.  It is possible that something got shaken loose in the 18 hours of shaking and rattling.

Hiroo

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 9:35 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure == 0!?

I had a similar issue with an oil pressure sensor.

The case was "grounded" through the stainless steel sheath of the tubing
going to the case - not. I rigged up a piece of safety wire to wrap around
the sensor and wrapped it around one of the mounting bolts.  Problem fixed.

By the way, your fuel (nor oil pressure) sensor should not be mounted on the
engine - it should be mounted to the firewall and not mounted on a vibrating
engine - it won't last long there.

Ron

----- Original Message -----
From: "Tom Martino" <tmartino at troubleshooter.com>
To: "Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list" <reflector at tvbf.org>
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 12:00 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure == 0!?


I suspect the sensor mainly becasue I have experienced the same problem as
you describe.

________________________________

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Hiroo Umeno
Sent: Mon 7/2/2007 9:54 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure == 0!?



It seems like both Tom and John seem to suspect the sensor rather than the
pump.  What is the reasoning behind this?  I will check the sensor but is
there anything in what I described that rules out the fuel pump itself?



Hiroo



From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of John Dibble
Sent: Monday, July 02, 2007 5:14 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Pressure == 0!?



Temporarily hook up a dial gauge with enough fuel line hose so you can have
it in the cabin and see what the true pressure is.  My fuel pressure reading
occasionally jumps to as high as 30 psig, however when I checked with the
dial gauge, it was 6.5 psig.

John

Hiroo Umeno wrote:



Does anyone know how I can check the operation of the engine driven Franklin
pump?  What are the known (and likely) failure modes for these new pumps?

Hiroo



________________________________



_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
  <http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector>
Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



More information about the Reflector mailing list