REFLECTOR: Dual Sticks or Dual Throttle Quadrants

Chuck Jensen cjensen at dts9000.com
Mon Jul 2 06:55:52 CDT 2007


Scott,
How much drag do you have on your dual push-pull throttle cable?  Do the
ends of both cables terminate at the throttle linkage on the engine.  I
tried connecting the co-pilot p-p throttle at the linkage on the engine
and there was unacceptably high drag adjusting the throttle since both
throttle cables have to be moved.  It works with a throttle quadarant
because there is more leverage, so I was wondering how you did it?

Chuck Jensen 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Scott Derrick
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 9:30 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Dual Sticks or Dual Throttle Quadrants


Richard,

I have the standard push pull throttle/mixture controls on the lower
left side of the panel.  I have a push pull throttle on the lower right
side of the panel which the right seat person could use, like an
instructor or passenger.   Since the right seat control is more of an
emergency kind of control I don't have a mixture, if needed the right
seat could reach over and push the mixture all the way in and then use
their throttle for whatever the emergency is.

Scott

Richard J. Gentil wrote: 

	I am looking for an option to be able to fly from either seat
and I was wondering what people have done for either dual throttle
quadrants or dual sticks.
	
	I have seen in the Reflector Gallery both dual sticks and dual
throttle quadrants but no details on what they did.
	
	My first thought was using the Model # 2 & 3 from Spruce:
	
	 
	
	The second option would be to have dual sticks like the Cirrus
and a throttle quadrant in the center keel.
	
	I would appreciate any insight on any solutions people have come
up with.
	
	Richard
	
	
	
________________________________


	 
	
________________________________


	_______________________________________________
	To change your email address, visit 
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
	
	Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
	user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
	Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
	Check old archives: 
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


-- 

-
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it.

    George Bernard Shaw, Liberty 
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070702/9f87a333/attachment.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 85645 bytes
Desc: ATT201893.jpg
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070702/9f87a333/attachment-0002.jpe 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 85645 bytes
Desc: ATT201894.jpg
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070702/9f87a333/attachment-0003.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list