REFLECTOR: Getting Air to the Engine

Richard J. Gentil richard at naples-air-center.com
Sun Jul 1 18:47:25 CDT 2007


Hi Scott,

The engine I have is the IO-390X. I am not sure if those parts would 
work or not on the engine, I will contact Mattituck to find out.

Thank You,

Richard

Scott Derrick wrote:
> Richard,
>
> looks like you have a -C1B model 360 or something like that, perfect 
> for tractor configuration.
>
> I sold my IO360-CIC to an uncle who has converted it back to a C1B to 
> mount in a Glastar.  I might have these model numbers wrong but you 
> get the drift. He still has the oil pan,  induction tubes(just 
> rechromed) and 90 elbow to mount the servo.  This setup puts the servo 
> intake towards the front of the airplane and the 90 elbow points the 
> servo left or right up against the firewall.  I had a short 3" scat 
> tube that connected the servo to the wing mounted ram scoop(which I 
> don't see in your picture?).
>
> I don't know if this would solve your problem, but many STD Velocitys 
> are setup that way.  If your interested I can give you my uncles ph#, 
> I don't know what  he wants much for the parts.
>
> Scott
>
> Richard J. Gentil wrote:
>> I am trying to find a way to get air from the runner to the rear 
>> facing (forward relative to the engine) air intake on the engine. I 
>> cannot get a 3" scat hose from the runner to the intake since there 
>> is not enough room below the engine or above the plenum in the 
>> cowlings. I would like a solution that does not mean putting another 
>> bubble in the cowling.
>>
>> I was wondering if anyone built a flat slot under the engine with 3" 
>> fittings in each end in order to attach the scat to the runner and 
>> engine intake.
>>
>> If that is not a good option, then I guess I will put a P-51 style 
>> scoop under the engine intake on the cowl with a filter and have air 
>> enter there for the engine.
>>
>> Richard
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>> user:pw >> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
> -- 
>
> -
>     I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
>
>     Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791. ME 8:276 
>   
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw > Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG Free Edition. 
> Version: 7.5.476 / Virus Database: 269.9.14/882 - Release Date: 6/30/2007 3:10 PM
>   
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070701/65a8c051/attachment.htm 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 99176 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070701/65a8c051/attachment-0002.jpe 
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 88103 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070701/65a8c051/attachment-0003.jpe 


More information about the Reflector mailing list