REFLECTOR: Fuel venting issue
Alex Balic
velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Jul 1 13:42:33 CDT 2007
The check valve is located inside the plane and above the level of the fuel
in the tanks (right up at the roof- it T's into the vent system, so fi the
external vent fails, it will open and allow air into the tanks from the
cabin- but not let fuel/fumes out into the cabin.
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of David Staten
Sent: Sunday, July 01, 2007 12:49 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel venting issue
If the check valve is on the same line that is theoretically blocked by
ice or mud, how is it able to prevent ANYTHING? An obstructed vent is an
obstructed vent.
Dave
Brett Ferrell wrote:
> The check valve is actually there to prevent tank collapse should the
> vent line become blocked (by say a mud-dauber or ice accumulation).
> I've seen a 15,000 gallon steel tank collapse by a plugged vent, and
> it's not pretty...
>
> B
>
> Scott Derrick wrote:
>
>>Hmmm...
>>
>>{snip}
>>
>>Just recently I noticed a one way valve had been added to the single
>>line running out of the block to prevent flow out of the vent line and
>>thus only allow air to flow in. I don't have this one way valve and
>>wondered why I would need it? I guess this scenario answers my question.
>>
>>{snip}
>>
>>Scott
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>
>------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list