REFLECTOR: Fuel Shut Off Valves

Alex alex157 at pwhome.com
Mon Jan 29 14:56:35 CST 2007


I have hard lines all of the way to the sump-  

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of michalk
Sent: Monday, January 29, 2007 10:51 AM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel Shut Off Valves

Good comment.  If for mantenance, use something that weighs nothing in the
air.

If for in-flight use ... well, make sure it works.

Scott Derrick wrote:
> this is a better price than the one mentioned by Brian,
> 
> but a far simpler method is to use a C-Clamp.
> 
> I have the standard black rubber fuel lines running from my mains to 
> the sump.  If I need to remove the sump I just clamp the lines with a 
> C-Clamp.  If I see cracks in the line when I do this I know its time to
> change the lines.   I've also just pulled the line off from the sump 
> side and plugged it with a dowel.  You spill a bit but if you get set 
> up with a coffee can and rags before hand it will be less than a few 
> tablespoons and no spills into the plane.
> 
> How many times will you need to shut the fuel of?. Most likely not 
> more than once every 5+ years if that.
> 
> Scott
> 
> John Tvedte wrote:
> 
>>Jorge,
>> 
>>Try...
>>http://www.hilborninjection.com/product.asp?Id=168&CatId=50
>> 
>>John
>>XL-FG-5
>>
>>________________________________
>>
>>From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org on behalf of Jorge Bujanda
>>Sent: Sun 1/28/2007 12:19 PM
>>To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders
>>Subject: REFLECTOR: Fuel Shut Off Valves
>>
>>
>>I would like to install shut off valves between main and sump tank for
maintenance.  If there is such a thing, can anyone recommend a reasonably
priced, 3/8 shut off valve with flared ends to minimize use of fittings?  
>> 
>>Regards,
>>Jorge Bujanda
>>Velocity XL FG
>>Palmdale, CA
>>Website:  http://members.dslextreme.com/users/jbujanda/
>> 
>>"Make your best case... not the best case."
>>"Spare the noise... convince through silence."
>> 
>>  
>>
>>----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>--
>>
>>_______________________________________________
>>To change your email address, visit 
>>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>>
>>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
>>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: 
>>http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
>>
> 
> --
> 
> -
>     The only security of all is in a free press. The force of public
opinion cannot be resisted when permitted freely to be expressed. The
agitation it produces must be submitted to. It is necessary, to keep the
waters pure.
> 
>     Thomas Jefferson to Lafayette, 1823. ME 15:491
> 
> 
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
> --
> 
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit 
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose 
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives: 
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose Check
new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail Check old archives:
http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list