REFLECTOR: Cockpit Voice Recorder

Rene Dugas dugasd at bellsouth.net
Tue Jan 23 17:11:55 CST 2007


Thanks for the suggestion.  I use an IPod Nano wired into my intercom
and it works great.  I also have a device almost exactly like the
recommended Transcend called a Creative MuVo FM TX with a gig of memory
that I download books to and music with a choice of voice recording.
Drag and drop ease as an alternative.

Rene'

 

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Ron Brown
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 3:46 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Cockpit Voice Recorder

 

Several months back, someone suggested using a digital recorder as a
CVR.

 

I found a fantastic value in a 2 GB MP3 player that also includes an
audio line in for hours worth of recording.  

 

I had a cheap one that I found at CVS last year that really didn't work
very well, so I decided to do a search and see if I could find a better
one.  I found this outstanding Transcend 520 at Tiger Direct for $59.95.
Besides playing 2 mb worth of Jimmy Buffett it will also record hours
worth of audio.  (I have an audio input jack that ties into my intercom
system).

 

http://www.transcendusa.com/Products/ModDetail.asp?ModNo=101

 

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Edp
No=2529864
<http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Ed
pNo=2529864&CatId=2475> &CatId=2475

 

Oh, did I mention, it also has a great FM tuner and doubles as a 2 mb
Flash Drive too!!! 15 hours on a AAA battery.

 

I installed a 1/8" stereo jack and wired it to my intercom head set jack
using a 100 ohm resistor.  You will want to wire the headphone into both
sides of the 1/8 jack so that both tracks will be recorded into the
Transcend.  It is easy to set up and record hours worth of CVR, then
download to your PC for later review using a USB cable. Everything that
you hear in your headset is recorded with great quality - even at the
lowest bit rate settings. Great way to record performance data - data is
accurately time stamped too,

 

Ronnie Brown

 

  

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070123/bedbefef/attachment.html 


More information about the Reflector mailing list