REFLECTOR: Over Center Gas Strut

HYTEC45 at aol.com HYTEC45 at aol.com
Tue Jan 16 11:09:51 CST 2007


 
In your original post, you said: " I had to use my nose gear  locking
tool to pry the nose gear that last half inch before the light  would
come on.
 
I still stand by my statement that you have a problem other than the gas  
strut.  A half inch is quite a bit away from a light.  The hydraulic  cylinder 
pushes the over center link all the way to lock.  I would  check the anchor 
point of the hydraulic cylinder for tightness, then other  components for 
tightness/wear.  
 
TEC

TEC,

I do check all gear functions at each annual, which was  done in October
last year. At that time I cycled the gear three times,  adjusted both rear
gear doors, 1/8 inch in at the leading edge and 1/16  inch down trailing side.
The dump function was also checked, each time both  lights came on.

Last week Saturday, I cycled the gear five times and  dumped it twice,
each time the it work flawlessly, no binding anywhere.  That afternoon,
I went to KOBE to got some cheap gas and again no nose gear  light,
returned to home base (KLNA), this time dumped the gear, no nose  gear
light. Very annoying.

I'm not complaining about the strut life  span, It's just that it is a bear to
replace.

Mike  W.




-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20070116/c16bfbd6/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list