REFLECTOR: Wing root and flange pics
Chuck Harbert
c.harbert at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 18:36:26 CST 2007
I've uploaded the pics of the piano wire attachment system onto the
following website:
http://picasaweb.google.com/gonzodog1/VelocityCowlPianoWireSystem/photo#5036001069924739314
A couple of the pics show the white fire retardant paint on the undersides
of the cowl and on the inner wing flanges. I have receiver grooves that the
front part of the cowl flanges slide into. There are 3 piano wires for each
side. The lower cowl goes on first with the piano wire captured inside,
after the upper cowl is attached. The outer end of the piano wires have a
spring tension loop that goes into a receiving hole to lock it in place.
After you're done installing the hinges, you also need to do some filing of
the piano hinges to allow the cowls to slip on easily. You'll need to bed
the hinges in epoxy to make the hinge bend smooth so that the wire fits in
easily. You also may need a shaped cutout on the bottom cowl to clear the
prop for when you slide it in place.
----------------
Do you have a pic of your piano hinge set up for the cowling.
----------------
I have the wing root protection in place. What I was wondering about was
the
flange area between the wing root and the piano hinge where we attach our
cowls. Is that the area you painted with the protective paint?
> *****************************************
More information about the Reflector
mailing list