REFLECTOR: Corvette Seats
Chuck Jensen
cjensen at dts9000.com
Fri Feb 16 16:12:44 CST 2007
Rich,
My Corvette seats came from....I guess, a Corvette. Rather than a latch
release, it has a wheel where the back meets the seat that one has to
rotate a gadzillion times(more or less--probably less) to tilt the seat
back forward. It'd be nice if I was able to convert it to a nifty
lifty-latch. I just wondered if there was a 'latching mechanism' that a
person might be able to incorporate.
Chuck Jensen
-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Rich Guerra
Sent: Friday, February 16, 2007 2:14 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Corvette Seats
Chuck,
As I recall, the tilting mechanism was factory supplied. Either way, if
it was the Corvette hardware there was no significant modification.
Although, you should insure the angle the seat tilts backward is
acceptable in terms of visibility when the seat is pushed all the way
forward like when you are in flight. That might be the only mod
necessary. I simply slide the seats all the way forward and tilt them
forward to get folks inthe back. Rich
> Rich,
> For the front seats, what kind of latching or release mechanism do you
> have to let the pilot/copilot seat tilt forward for access to the
> back?
>
> Chuck Jensen
>
_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
Visit the gallery! www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
More information about the Reflector
mailing list