REFLECTOR: order of assembly

lawrence epstein ljepstein at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 10 22:02:51 CST 2007


Unless something has drastically changed since I did my strakes about 8 
years ago, you need the main spar in place and the wings on, everything 
level and incidence set, when you install the lower strake and later when 
you close the strake. I guess you could do that with the top half of the 
fuselage off, but i dont see why you would, although it may give you easier 
access to some of the rear/top strake layups.

Larry Epstein

>From: "Douglas Holub" <doug.holub at tx.rr.com>
>Reply-To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
>To: <reflector at tvbf.org>
>Subject: REFLECTOR: order of assembly
>Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 20:05:07 -0600
>
>I have an 80's era manual which says to install the lower strakes, then the 
>upper fuselage, then the upper strakes.  I think that now the fast build 
>kits from the factory come with the fuselage halves already joined, so the 
>order would be upper fuselage, lower strake, upper strake. But I saw on 
>somebody's website where they put the lower and upper strakes together 
>before they attached the upper fuselage. Does the order make much 
>difference? Can somebody make a case for one method over another?
>
>Doug Holub
>Top-door, FG w/ electric nose lift, 50% done, 80% to go


>_______________________________________________
>To change your email address, visit 
>http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
>
>Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
>user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
>Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
>Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html




More information about the Reflector mailing list