REFLECTOR: main gear brake lines

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Wed Feb 7 18:36:49 CST 2007


I like the idea of a tube within a tube.  HD is always on my list of 
stops when I make it into the "Big" city.

If I can't find it at HD, we do have a Shell Station in town and I'll 
try Brent's suggestion.

thanks folks,

Scott

Rene Dugas wrote:
> I used a cloudy white tubing from Home Depot.  I do not remember the
> size.  I carried a piece and slipped the nylaflow through to confirm the
> passage.  Has worked well and is still movable at 450+ hrs flying.  Plan
> to replace the nylaflow at 5 yr annual this winter.  I covered mine with
> glass and I have not upgraded to the carbon.  I have pulled the gear
> door attachment point off the gear leg once on a VERY hard landing at a
> fishing camp in North Arkansas on a turf strip.  I repaired it with
> epoxy two years ago.
>
> Rene'
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
> Behalf Of Scott Derrick
> Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 9:18 AM
> To: Velocity List
> Subject: REFLECTOR: main gear brake lines
>
> I'm starting the process of beefing up my main gear legs with carbon 
> fiber wraps and wanted to ditch the externsl stainless covered rubber 
> brake lines in favor of embedded nylo-flow lines as per the manual.
>
> Questions:
>
> I have 3/16 nyla-flow running to the firewall from the master 
> cylinders.  Would it be bad to run 1/8 line down the legs.  I can't 
> imagine that would restrict the flow during application all that much. 
>
> Also I would like to do the soda straw technique or some other way of 
> building a tube in the leg for the nyla-flow to be inserted into so it 
> could be changed out easily if needed.  Any great ideas on how to do 
> this with ease?
>
> Scott
>
>   

-- 

-

    I worry about my child and the Internet all the time, even though she's too young to have logged on yet. Here's what I worry about. I worry that 10 or 15 years from now, she will come to me and say 'Daddy, where were you when they took freedom of the press away from the Internet?'

    Mike Godwin, Electronic Frontier Foundation 



More information about the Reflector mailing list