REFLECTOR: main gear brake lines

Pat Shea xl340hp at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 7 17:18:51 CST 2007


Oops, I meant to say -4 could make the brake lines
feel MORE spongy.

--- Pat Shea <xl340hp at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Scott,
> 
> When I switched out my nylaflow for flexible braided
> lines I went with -3 size. The local Lancair/Glasair
> crowd were using -3 this and indicated that -4 could
> make the brakes feel less spongy.
> 
> -4 braided line has an ID of .1875
> 
> -3 braided line has an ID of .125.
> 
> 3/16 nylaflow has an ID of .138
> 
> 1/8 nylaflow has an ID of .096
> 
> The -3 definitely works fine. Further, at some point
> George from Matco sent me some hydraulic restrictors
> to place in the brake lines near the calipers to see
> if they had improved my maid gear shudder issue. The
> ID of these restrictors was less than half of 1/8
> nalyflow. They had no affect on the shudder issue,
> but
> I could feel no difference in the braking pressure
> required or performance either.
> 
> FWIW, Pat  
> 
> --- Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net> wrote:
> 
> 
> > 
> > I have 3/16 nyla-flow running to the firewall from
> > the master 
> > cylinders.  Would it be bad to run 1/8 line down
> the
> > legs.  I can't 
> > imagine that would restrict the flow during
> > application all that much. 
> > 
> 
> 
> 
> 
>  
>
____________________________________________________________________________________
> TV dinner still cooling? 
> Check out "Tonight's Picks" on Yahoo! TV.
> http://tv.yahoo.com/
> _______________________________________________
> To change your email address, visit
> http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
> 
> Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
> user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
> Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
> Check old archives:
> http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
> 



 
____________________________________________________________________________________
No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go 
with Yahoo! Mail for Mobile. Get started.
http://mobile.yahoo.com/mail 


More information about the Reflector mailing list