REFLECTOR: aileron trim

Lou Stedman stedmanlou at adelphia.net
Mon Dec 31 17:32:04 CST 2007


Thanks Scott. The cord is definitely slipping. What about something like bow string wax. Would that work?

Lou Stedman
Velocity N7044Q
Olean, NY
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Scott Baker 
  To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list 
  Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 6:25 PM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: aileron trim


  Hello Lou,
  It may be weak springs, but more than likely the problem is the cord slipping on the capstan.  Wrap the cord around the capstan 2 to 3-turns.  It might also be helpful to add 'skicky stuff'  (like pine tar) to the cord to make it grip the capstan better.
  Best regards,
  Scott B
    ----- Original Message ----- 
    From: Lou Stedman 
    To: Reflector Velocity 
    Sent: Monday, December 31, 2007 3:44 PM
    Subject: REFLECTOR: aileron trim


    Hi Guys. Happy New Year to all.

    I have a question for the group regarding aileron trim. My Vel is about 18 yrs old. I am going through my first conditional inspection. I have replace some items that I didn't feel were in good condition. I have one area that puzzles me. That is the aileron, cord and spring, trim set up. It may be that my springs are old and have lost their strength but I am not sure. When I engage the electric motor, on the ground, it runs but nothing happens to the ailerons. I do not see any deflection up or down. I am not sure if this is normal or weather something needs replacing. Any help would be appreciated.

    Lou Stedman
    Velocity N7044Q
    Olean, NY


----------------------------------------------------------------------------


    _______________________________________________
    To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

    Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
    user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
    Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
    Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071231/6eb8faf5/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list