REFLECTOR: Fuel shut off valve

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Sun Dec 23 22:37:56 CST 2007


I used a 3/8 valve at the sump tank outlet- instead of trying to find a
pre-fab cable- I made one from nylaflow and rudder cable- it won’t “push”
but you won’t need to be doing that anyway- I terminated the end of the
nylaflow with a small aluminum bracket with a 3/16 rivet in it- cable goes
through the rivet , but nylaflow does not- also added a short piece of ¼”
alum tubing to sort of guide the nylaflow at the end works great- I think I
will use some very thin copper “safety” wire on the valve to hold it in the
open position- designed to break if the cable is pulled- will need to
experiment on that just a bit
.. Earl’s makes a good valve with -6 an
fittings on both ends

.

 

Alex

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Andrew Ellzey
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 10:35 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel shut off valve

 

Thanks Ken, I received the 3/8 fuel shut off valve with my engine kit, but
not the cutoff cable. Your explanation of where you would mount the shutoff
valve was just exactly what I was thinking of doing for my aircraft. I was
going to order the cable from AS. I didn't know Velocity had one on there
web site. The longest cable that AS stocks is 10'. I measured that I needed
11'. Do you know how long Velocities cable is? The length for their fuel
shutoff cable isn't mentioned on the Velocity store.

 

Andy

----- Original Message ----
From: "KMis178813 at aol.com" <KMis178813 at aol.com>
To: reflector at tvbf.org
Sent: Saturday, December 22, 2007 7:27:56 PM
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Fuel shut off valve




Andy

   Fuel shut off valve and cable looks like they are available on the
Velocity web site. You only need to glass in a hard point to hold the cable
housing with a DG3 Adel clamp (MS21919WDG3). A hole or 3, for adjustment of
throw, in the shutoff valve handle and a Z bend in the cable completes the
deal. Great for shutting off the fuel for filter inspections also. I like to
mount the valve inside the firewall and the filter / pump outside. 

                               Ken Mishler





  _____  

See AOL's top
<http://food.aol.com/top-rated-recipes?NCID=aoltop00030000000004>  rated
recipes and easy
<http://body.aol.com/fitness/winter-exercise?NCID=aoltop00030000000003>
ways to stay in shape for winter.



-----Inline Attachment Follows-----

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071223/dfc64f21/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list