REFLECTOR: Of door seals and two bars

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 12:57:58 CST 2007


Terry,

My door seal is in good contact with the door around the entire perimeter but still leaked at the top.  The water entered the "u-form" and traveled all the way to the end at the rear bottom of the door where the two ends of the seal meet.  Silicon seal between the u-form and the fuselage fixed it.

Larry Coen
N136LC
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Terry Miles 
  To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list' 
  Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2007 12:56 PM
  Subject: REFLECTOR: Of door seals and two bars


  Hi,

  I know it must be somewhere in the archives.  I'm not good at that.  Dave Scharenberg, hey, don't you have pics of your solution for a tow bar?    .or anybody else?

   

  I can't find what I saved the last time that topic came around.  

   

  I have the XLRG, and I considering drilling ¼ holes in the fork, smack in the middle fore/aft and up/down.  That would be my female aperture, and I would then make the tow bar with ¼ steel rod and some kind of articulation to go into the holes drilled in the side of the folks.  I fear with time (push/pull/twist) that I would beat the crap out of my ¼ inch hole and maybe elongate it or worse introduce stress cracks in the fork material..  

   

  Could I please ask what others have done on this?

   

  New topic:  Door seals, and sealing out the rain.  What's the magic there?  I see that it is easy to have the u-form of the door seal spread open on you.  Also it's easy not to get a shoved all the way in the corner door corners.  When I pour a glass of water along the top edge of the door,  I now think the water is going up over the top of seal rather than leaking thru it which was my first guess.  I think I have a gap between the top of my door outboard of the dee-tube and the sealed fuselage flange where the seal is.   

   

  I am a willing listener!  

   

  Thanks,

  Terrys

   

   



------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071210/0aa97fe3/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list