REFLECTOR: canard question

Tony Babb tonybabb at alejandra.net
Sun Dec 9 16:55:46 CST 2007


I had exactly the same problem with the bushing being too short - on the
pilot side. I contacted the factory and spoke with Scott Swing, he made me a
longer bushing and shipped it the next day. Mine needed to be 3/8" longer
than the standard bushing. I should have asked for the longer bolt too,
currently I'm using a temporary bolt. Whenever I order something else from
the factory I'll also order the longer bolt.
 
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Grigore Rosu
Sent: Sunday, December 09, 2007 1:16 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: canard question


Ken,
 
A 1/4 inch longer bolt and bushing would be great for me, too.  Is there any
particular place that these can be bought from?
 
Thank you,
Grigore


On Dec 9, 2007 1:53 PM, <KMis178813 at aol.com> wrote:



Grigore
   I have found that a 1/4 inch longer bolt and bushing, installed on the
left side for canard lift tab, works great. It will straighten the Canard
and you will not need to mess with washers between the tab and bushing in
the future. You do need to make sure that you always use the long bolt on
the left side!!! I think this only applies to the SE fast build not the XL. 
 
                             Ken Mishler




  _____  

Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products
<http://money.aol.com/special/hot-products-2007?NCID=aoltop00030000000001>
and top money wasters
<http://money.aol.com/top5/general/ways-you-are-wasting-money?NCID=aoltop000
30000000002>  of 2007.

_______________________________________________
To change your email address, visit
http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector
<http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector> 

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html



-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071209/b2f91fd2/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list