REFLECTOR: Reflector Leveling A/C

Joe Ewen Jewen at comporium.net
Fri Dec 7 17:08:25 CST 2007


The previous owner of my kit also micro glassed in a set of levels to the floor of the fuselage.  By the time I purchased the kit, the fore/aft level was broken.  To put in permanent fore/aft level references, I leveled the AC and drilled 2 1/8" hole is the fuselage side (holes are centered in a 3/8 plug of micro.)  When I need to level I put 1/8" pins into the holes and span the pins with a machinists (starrett) level or electronic protractor.

Joe
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: HYTEC45 at aol.com 
  To: reflector at tvbf.org 
  Sent: Friday, December 07, 2007 9:59 AM
  Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Reflector Leveling A/C


  In a message dated 12/7/2007 6:08:53 A.M. Pacific Standard Time, Jerry.Brainard at anthem.com writes:
    Fore/Aft Level will depend on the specific mid-spar installation.
  This is no help now, but for those not beyond this point in construction it will come in handy sometime.  What I did way back when I leveled the fuselage for the installation of bulkheads/spars was bedded a string level(cost a buck two eighty) under the front seat out of the way in the leveled position using miro-glass and left it there.  It is still there after 12 years, and I have had to check things once in a while and all I have to do is remove the seat bottom and look at it.
  TEC





------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  Check out AOL Money & Finance's list of the hottest products and top money wasters of 2007.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------


  _______________________________________________
  To change your email address, visit http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/listinfo/reflector

  Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery
  user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
  Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
  Check old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071207/0c74aeea/attachment.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list