REFLECTOR: CCA Primary wire

Keith Hallsten KeithHallsten at quiknet.com
Thu Dec 6 19:51:12 CST 2007


Terry,

 

I agree it's not worth changing out wire that's already in place.  I don't
even think it's worth replacing copper wire that hasn't been fished (which
is my situation).  However, in large aircraft it can make a difference, and
Boeing and Airbus DO use a lot of this stuff!  It's a well proven product;
it just hasn't been readily available in small quantities until Eric Jones
had a batch manufactured for homebuilders.

 

Keith

 

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Terry Miles
Sent: Thursday, December 06, 2007 6:00 AM
To: 'Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list'
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Primary wire

 

I am not a chemist or a metallurgist, but if this stuff is as good, or even
better, why isn't in wider use?  I would never want to re-fish my primary
battery to starter cables.  .just my humble opinion.or fear of the untested
for my own needs as well as re-sale one day which I hope is very far off.

Terry

 

  _____  

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On
Behalf Of Matt Bucko
Sent: Wednesday, December 05, 2007 7:14 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: REFLECTOR: Primary wire

 

 <http://periheliondesign.com/fatwires.htm>
http://periheliondesign.com/fatwires.htm

This is the link to some primary wire which is copper clad aluminum, 40% to
50% lighter than solid copper.
<http://periheliondesign.com/fatwires_files/fatwiremanual.pdf> AWG-2 FatWire
Manual.pdf   on the page has the claims for it.  Supposed to have same
current capacity as solid an half the weight. 

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: http://www.tvbf.org/mailman/private/reflector/attachments/20071206/89e766a9/attachment-0001.htm 


More information about the Reflector mailing list